Tuesday, March 14, 2006

 
Two-fer Tuesday...

Arrived in Mombai international yesterday and was greeted by more guards with guns.. Apperantly the rest of the world takes terrorism more seriously than us. Anyway, exchanged some cash and went out to look for my driver. He was still waiting for me (the plane was 2.5 hours late) in the 90+ degree heat with a shit eating grin on his face. Got into the car without a word and we were off for my first day adventure in India. 5 words for you, Fuckin'-cray-fuckin'-zee-fuckin' Driving! Wait a sec, lemme check that. Yes, 5 words. Oh, and did I mention the three hour drive?!?

Anywho, I snapped a few pics on the drive, not too much to see. Pune is a crazy town where there is everything from Ox carts to pedestrians to things called autoricksha's. Little three wheel jobbies that you are entirly not safe in.

Work went well today, with only a few minor hiccups. It is a weird world out there. The drive to the customer sites takes me past blue tarp villages with goats roaming the streets eating trash to some funky psuedo palace work facilty that I am not allowed to take pictures of. The people are very nice, though there is no such thing as personal space. I have two Japanese coworkers and about 15 customers that are always speaking in their native tounges around me. Jebus I miss english as a first!

Well, off to bed. This 13.5 hour time change is a bitch and I am trying my best to adjust. Prolly will just in time to come home... Here is a quote to leave you all with (which strikes pretty close to my heart right now...)

"Where all the white bitches at?"

Peace, Love, and Curry,
Jeff

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?