Monday, August 01, 2005

 
The (Mis)Adventures of a Begining poker player


I have been playing poker for about a year now, which is mostly limited to my $40 buy-in NL home game that we play almost every other week. As the only full time job carrying person there I find it hard to play very aggressive, as I don't want to win all of anyones money. This may be why I usually break about even, as I doubt that I am that good at money controll during a game. It could also be that I am a break even player... I do occasionally leave the game double or triple up, and once or twice (OK, maybe 3 or 4 times) I left down my buy-in. If I were to guess, up $350 for the year.
Oh yeah, I also drink when I play. Sometimes a lot. I play poker to relieve stress, a fun social setting, and to win a bit of cash.
But I digress. On to the theme. I have been lurking in the poker blogging world for about 5 months now and I feel that there is something missing. We have players trying to make it in Vegas (Grubby), New York poker Vetrans touring the world (Pauly), High Limit Vegas players (Threebet33), and pro's all talking about their highs and lows. But what about us newbies that want to build a bankroll? Or dominate the $0.05/$0.10 tables? We need a voice! I nominate...

Well, me of course!

So here is the plan. I am going to put my hard earned cash on the line long enough to make $100 profit. Then I am going to cash out my original buy in and turn this $100 into ONE MILLION DOLLARS. Well, not really. I do however want to turn this into a decent bankroll to continue playing online and maybe a few trips to Vegas. I hope you all join me on this trip!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?