Wednesday, November 02, 2005

 
Where oh where did the cashier go?

What I'm Drinking - Chocolate Protien Shake

What I'm Reading - Digg

I caught up with the 50th episode of Card Club on Lord Admiral Radio Podcast which was great! If you are not listening to this yet, get on it! I subscribe through iTunes which is very easy though not nesissary, as you can go directly through their website. Anyway they have a great new Columbo Episode with a twist, and an interview with Isabelle Mercier that is quite good. Also check out Pauly's website for information about his weekly saturday blogger tournament, which I plan to attend (and dominate) this week.

My computer is currently being used to host my bedroom home theatre system (work in progress) so I though that I would use my roomates which is in the living room. I go to pokerstars.net and download the software and login. It accepts my login and I am ready to play, but whats this? No cashier?!?! Where is my money? Did I get scammed? I checked the website and it looked normal. WTF?

I went to my room, grabbed my box and brought it to the living room. Installed the switch etc. and booted it up. After running PS it said I needed an update, so I say yes. Guess what, no cashier! Shit! There goes $200... Or did it? I remembered that there was two websites, one for play money and one for real money. I download the software from the .com site and install and my money is still there.. I pretty much gained a few grey hairs for nothing, though I still can't figure out why it updated my software to the play money only program. Any ideas?

On to my poker. I played break even last night making a few good moves and a few good calls. I am back to the $0.10/$0.25 tables on Pokerstars which seem to be a bit easier. I also had a really dry run of cards so I switched to a 10 person table to cut down on the blinds. Up down up down all night, and I think I ended with $198 after playing for about an hour. I also played a $1 + $0.10 tourney that I did very poorly in. Next time I think I'll fold for the whole game, just to see how far I make it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?