Saturday, November 12, 2005

 
Two to Tourney?

What I'm Watching - Hudson Hawk (In HD ish)

Long time no post. I broke my PC trying to swap out hard drives without starting over and it appears to be harder than I thought. I can now boot from the new drive but the old drive has to be installed. WTF?

Anyway, I've been up and down for the last week. Lots of 2 and 3rd places in two table turbo's. 5 table games are not my forte yet though, as I seem to loose all of my profit from the small games to the biger game buy-ins. I also just had a realy bad run playing $50nl. I left before it got too bad and finished the day with $120 left in the account.

I really wanted to wake up to play the Saturdays w/ Pauly tournament but I played poker really late into the night last night at my house. It is always bad when you start at 12:15 for the first hand.... Here's how it ran.

7 person $20 freeze out. We paid 3 places thinking that we would have 8 or 9 people and didn't change it as this was our first tourney game. I played tight and well and went from $100 in starting chips to $225 buy the time we got to 3. I lost a few questionable hands after that and was down to 2nd stack with # 3 very short. I got pocket aces and after the SB raised I re-raised all in. He called with a open ended straight draw that he hit on the river. No biggie, I was up $10 which covered my beer. The best part of the night was the next hour that ensued, with the small stack doubling up 4 times in a row to take the chip lead, and then loose it all on a run of dead cards.

It was deffinetly a fun time, and I think that everyone liked the format change. I really need to learn when to make a move in the final 3-5 people in tourney. Actually I need to learn when not to make a move. I have only read the first page of Harringtons book, so I better settle down and hit the books again. More sooner than later I hope.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?