Wednesday, October 19, 2005

 
...And then it all falls apart...

What I'm Reading - Lost reruns on TV

What I'm Drinking - Peppermint Patty's Bitch

Well, first to the good news. I am drinking a new drink (well new to me anyway) that is a white Russian plus a splash (or more) of Rumplemintz. Pretty much the best drink I've never had, as it does taste like a peppermint patty and is mostly booze. The downside is that they are kind of expensive to make and creep up on you like a bully with a bullhorn. That is to say not very quietly and then kick the crap out of you. Anway, I like 'em.

I sit down with my cocktail and some free time ready to play some poker. I start with two tables, a fin each and some pretty slow play. I have been having fun with some freeroll MTT's recently, so I thought I would pass the time with a $5 3 table MTT. Decent pay out and more action while I clear some bonuses. I end up 10th or so which I felt decent about, so I play another, then another, then another. Pretty much wasting away $20 in 45 minutes. I also tried out some more low limit hold 'em, which also dropped my bankroll. By the time I came to my senses I actually smelled fish... and it was me! I was down $50 for the session, even after doing well with the NL and had cleared less than my target raked hands. Time to buckle down, and by that I mean eat something.

OK, back at it. I am more sober, mostly by finding the huge hole in my digital pocket and stuck to only the plan. I cleared the rest of the 1000 hands in fairly short order. I kept myself to a drink an hour which seemed to help. Cash out time. Can a brother get a drum roll?

No?

Fine, here it is. $167 after bonus. This gives me a whopping $102 in profit! This is my target goal. I quickly withdrew it all and wasted my real money on a Sunday bender that I can't really remember. It included more drinks and wishing football didn't start at 10am. The great news? I am officially playing with other peoples money! From here on out my risk is nill (unless loading $400 of my own money to get full bonuses counts), and I am ready to start my new life as an online poker action junkie. Woo Hoo!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?